E-Mail jjduddles@gmail.com

About Me

My photo
I live in Olympia Wa. (since 1987)where I attended The Evergreen State College. Before that I lived in Forks and Port Angeles (Penninsula Community College). I Graduated High School at Clallam Bay High in 1980. I went to middle school in West Linn Or. I am not active on this site anymore. My main online presence is on Google+ (see the "My Webpage" link on my profile page)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2009 Olympia Procession Of The Species

This post is a little late...The Procession Of The Species was on April 27th. I didn't get around to looking at my pictures until today. This was the first time in a few years that I did not have to work on the day of the parade, so I was glad that I got to check it out this year. Every year the costumes get better and better. The Procession was started as a celebration of Earth Day. The Four Elements were represented...Earth, Air, Fire and Water. I really enjoyed the little ones that participated. There was an article in the local paper about a four year old who had been in the parade five times. I remember them...momma's big belly was painted as the Earth and her friend's was painted as the Moon. All of the costumes and floats are hand made by volunteers.
My videos don't have any sound, so you miss a little of the effect. There are lots of other videos on YouTube. Lots of people also posted their pictures on Flickr.


A rolling Forrest


Treebeard!



Stick Legs?









Whoo! Whoo!


Nemo and the anemones!


Lizard boy's head piece is a recycled plastic bottle...




Kraby man in the Kelp Forrest



Senor Froggy



Peace!



The Cloven Hoofed Beast



Super Fly!









This little "Mouse" girl was running around her big mouse on a leash!

Backpack Birdnest Baby was napping.




The Angler Fish was a hit with the kids...


The littlest Zebras!



The rest of the herd











This dung beetle was cleaning up the mess...


Dancing Cow....MMMM Cowwwww....





No comments:

Hitomatic

Flag Counter